Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Preppin' and reppin'

So, I went to my study abroad orientation...which was a complete joke. The only useful part was something I missed part of, due to a classic St. Olaf induced migraine that lasted all night the night before, but three former students came in and talked to us. That was the only thing I held onto. Lucky for us in the afternoon we got put with the groups going to third world countries so I got to learn all sorts of things I don't need to know like 25 minutes on malaria, and another 20 on how to function in Islamic countries. Good thing I am in college with four classes to do work for so I had NOTHING else to do with my time. Seriously. Crazy. Fortunately the day wasn't a total waste, considering the three students who talked to us about Russia were very enlightening, and Tess of course who always answers my 2939148 questions I ask her almost every week :) Thanks Tess!

I have purchased some fabulous luggage, courtesy of Ms. Diane Von Furstenberg. One large 28" fuchsia suitcase and a grey-brown carry-on with a little snakeskin leather detailing, of course. The suitcase is totes me, and the carry-on is a perfect color that won't show dirt when I take it all over Russia with me!

The International Studies office is probably the greatest bane of my existence right now. They are not super helpful, which I thought they would be considering how many students go abroad from St. Olaf, and they have already screwed up several things for me including misinformation on getting my passport, and losing my visa application. I have some medical things to do still, which I have put off of course. I recommend for anyone planning to go abroad to get that stuff done like the first second you find out. It's a real pain.

BUT enough of my whining I LOVE preparing for Russia! I wish it was happening faster. I did find out that I will probably leave around September 1st or 2nd, so I have a little more time than I anticipated :) Probably to hang out with you, whoever you are reading this.
Currently in preparation for Russia I am looking for a new Gladys, my very large large oversized purse who I have worn out to death, but I can't find anything I like that is that big! I know I have months to look but I want it right NOW. Of course.

What else to update? Stephmoney is in Sweden right now, updating me on her travels, and she writes such fantastic blog entries I was inspired to publish another wee post. Although, hers are much more interesting considering she is actually in Sweden, and I am sitting in a Caribou...in Minnesota. Exotic!

More once more happens

Chmok Chmok
TaanTaan

1 comment:

  1. September 1st?!?!?! You will be here for my birthday!!!! (and other important things in your world that don't revolve around me, too). I'm holding you to that date.

    ReplyDelete